Sunday 4 January 2015

Project 2015, Reasons to count my blessings.


Reason One

My Husband.

Every day I thank God for my husband.
We met about 30 years ago, when we were both invited to a party. It was evidently not the time for us to be aware of each other, but we met again a couple of years later, and clicked.
Last year was my silver wedding anniversary and they have been 25 excellent years.  He is my exact opposite. A numbers man- where I am a words woman. A sailor in his free time- me, strictly dry land.
A dancer, me, a musician, but we complement each other.
My neighbour recently lost her husband of many years and friends and colleagues have had similar situations in the last couple of years.  I am just so glad he is still here.
He has decided to work part time from now until his retirement in 3 years. Many people complain that having their husband underfoot is stressful, but I find it quite the contrary. He is great at giving me a lift to work, leaving him the car for the day. I come home to fnd the housework done😀, although he hasn't any skill in the kitchen so I still do the cooking.
Yes, he really is my first reason to feel blessed.





2 comments:

  1. An inspirational first post for this project, and enjoyed reading all about your hubby! You are indeed blessed to have such a lovely person by your side. I think opposites do attract and it's the same for me too, with mine :-)

    I think this theme is such a brilliant idea for a blog, and am looking forward to counting all the next 51 blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliantly written blog. You have shared great post dear. Well I am going to celebrate my wedding vows at a wonderful vow renewal location!! I hope everything will go well as I haven’t hired a planner and did everything myself.

    ReplyDelete