Sunday 1 February 2015

2015 Reasons to count my blessings

 

REASON 5

Friends

I am really blessed with amazing friends. My very best friend would drop everything for me if I needed her, and she makes me laugh.

My musician friends are always around, as we play together almost every week. We always find something to be cheerful about. Even when Carl is feeling cantankerous, we can jolly him back into good humour.

My online friendships are very special to me. Many of them start out as names of people who think like me. Very often we manage to meet up at conferences, and it is like getting together with your own family. There are now few of them I haven't met in person, and in Manchester that number will drop even more.

I count my colleagues among my friends. I work in a college where the staffroom is incredibly supportive.
I have kept in touch with many of my students over the years, and they too have become friends, and sometimes come to stay, or just return to the college for more lessons.

Someone once told me that friends are the family we choose for ourselves, and I agree wholeheartedly.



1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with you about friends being such a blessing. What would we do without their constant support? Even if they live miles away, they are always with us in spirit. I am so happy I had the chance to meet you in Brighton! Since then we have done projects together like this one, and it is all a result of meeting via our amazing online PLN :-)

    ReplyDelete