Monday 9 March 2015

2015 Reasons to count my blessings

REASON 10

Spring Flowers

My wedding bouquet held daffodils, as we got married in February. I just love spring flowers, although they seem to arrive earlier and earlier in the year.
Christmas has the tree and lots of colour. It is a bit depressing when twelfth night comes along and it all goes away for another year.
It is at this time that I go down to the farm shop and buy armfuls of daffs. By this time of the year I can buy a mixture of daffodils; yellow, white, orange middles...... and also tulips.
I will have to wait a little longer to see any irises, but I really love to have them too.

In a couple of weeks the island will be golden, with flowers everywhere. They are already starting to appear in a couple of areas.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you about being thankful for spring flowers, as they are so cheeful and brighten up the most dreary of days. My Reason 12 on Sunday will be on the same subject :-)
    Hope all is ok, as can't see your Reason 11 from last week.
    Looking forward to your next post.

    ReplyDelete